The Push Sports Ankle Brace Kicx offers the best possible protection against ankle sprains during sporting activities. The Push Sports Ankle Brace Kicx is ideal when resuming training after spraining your ankle and for preventing recurring ankle injuries due to ankle instability. The functional straps that cross on the outside of the ankle offer effective restriction to prevent inversion. The straps are anchored to the reinforced inner side of the brace and follow an anatomically compatible route to the outer side of the ankle. When the foot tilts inwards, the straps come under tension and this prevents the ankle being sprained. You can still carry out sporting activities, the Push Sports Kicx still allows plantar and dorsal flexion in the ankle joint. The high-quality elastic material closely follows the anatomy of the ankle and provides a reassuring pressure around the joint. The brace is ultra-thin and fits perfectly in slim training shoes.
For optimum wear comfort, the brace can be worn over a thin sock.
In order to work properly, the Push Sports Kicx should always be worn with shoes.
- Stabilises the ankle during sports after a sprain or in case of instability
- Sophisticated Prophy-X strap system is based on professional taping techniques
- The strap system is anchored to the reinforced inside of the brace
- Gives comfortable and secure feeling through individually adjustable compression
- Keeps ball handling and other sports-specific freedom of movement intact
- Ultra thin and super light
Correct use of your brace requires a detailed diagnosis of the cause of your pain complaints or instability. Always consult your GP, a physiotherapist or a specialist before applying the brace.
When should you use the Push Sports Ankle Brace Kicx?
- To prevent recurring inversion trauma
- In the event of ankle instability
Please note: Materials have not been tested against salt or chlorine water, they may wear out quicker than braces not in contact with salt or chlorine water.
The Push Sports Ankle Brace Kicx is available in three sizes, and in right and left versions. Select the right brace size on the basis of the circumference of your instep and your shoe size.
APPLYING THE BRACE
1. Open the three hook and loop fasteners and pull the brace over the foot. The heel section of the brace needs to fit snugly around the heel. Ensure the entire elastic base fits closely against the foot and is not twisted.
2. Place the foot at a 90 degree angle and put the stiffener on the inside of the ankle in the correct position behind the malleolus (ankle bone) by tightening and fastening the small strap with the single blue mark. Note: The stiffener should not touch the malleolus.
3. Then tighten and fasten the small strap with the two blue marks.
4. Fasten the elastic strap to desired tightness around the ankle.
How do I choose a brace?
If a brace has been prescribed or recommended, it is wise to go to a professional establishment that specialises in medical aids or rehabilitation articles. Some physiotherapists sell braces and they can also give you good advice. Choosing the right size and type of brace requires additional know-how. Always consult an expert for this kind of specialised work.