The Push CMC stabilises the basal joint of the thumb (CMC-1) and places the thumb in a functional position. This guarantees optimal hand function and reduces such symptoms as pain and loss of strength.
The selected materials and rounded edges contribute to maximum comfort, the simple closing system enabling patients to fit the brace themselves without any effort. The product is antimicrobial, can be used in water, and can be dried easily.
Correct use of your brace requires a detailed diagnosis of the cause of your pain complaints or instability. Always consult your GP, a physiotherapist or a specialist before applying the brace.
- Osteoarthritis of the CMC-1 joint
- Postoperative treatment of the CMC-1 joint
- Status after arthroplasty of the CMC-1 joint
- Instability of the CMC-1 joint
Measure around palm. Measurements in centimetres.
How do I choose a brace?
If a brace has been prescribed or recommended, it is wise to go to a professional establishment that specialises in medical aids or rehabilitation articles. Some physiotherapists sell braces and they can also give you good advice. Choosing the right size and type of brace requires additional know-how. Always consult an expert for this kind of specialised work.
Push Brace Profile:
Mechanical Support (Stability):
- Before washing, close all fasteners to protect the brace and other laundry.
- The brace can be washed at temperatures up to 30 degrees, on a delicates fabric cycle, or by hand. Do not use any bleaching agents.
- A gentle spin-dry cycle can be used; after this, hang the brace up to dry in the open air (not near a heating source or in a tumble dryer).
- To extend the brace's service life, it should be dried after use, if necessary, before being stored.
- Proper use of the Push brace may require diagnosis by a doctor or therapist. Please be aware that an ill-fitting brace does not function properly. Always consult your physician or therapist if complaints persist or deteriorate.
- Optimal functioning can only be achieved by selecting the right size. Fit the brace before use, to check its size. Please contact your physiotherapist for guidance for the best way to fit your Push brace.
Save the product information, to be able to reread the fitting instructions later.
- Consult a specialist if the product requires individual adaptation.
- Check your Push brace each time before using for signs of wear or ageing of parts or seams. Optimal performance of your Push brace can only be guaranteed if the product is fully intact.